The outdated Artec Studio 8 is no longer supported and it does not work with the current Artec Installation Center and my.artec3d.com licensing server.
Update Your License
If you are still using Artec Studio 8, we recommend obtaining a new license for the current version of the software, with assistance from your local distributor, assuming that it works with your scanner and PC.
- The list of supported scanners can be found here.
- The recommended PC specification can be found here.
Continue Using AS 8
If you'd like to continue using Artec Studio 8, the only way to install it - via the offline activation, as described in this article. To use this option, you'll need to:
- use an older Artec Installation Center version 188.8.131.52, which can be downloaded via direct link here or via Dropbox mirror here (please note that this AIC will not work with the licensing server, and is only useful for performing an offline installation of AS 8).
- activate the application offline
- copy the license.dat file, located in a hidden folder on your PC at %AppData%\Artec\Artec Studio\184.108.40.206\ and save it for future use in case something happens with the activation and Artec Studio 8 fails to start.
Please note, that Artec Studio 8 had a known issue where the software will use two licenses on the same computer and, therefore, will require additional offline activation. If you encounter this problem, please contact Artec3D technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In addition, as usual, offline licenses cannot be deactivated or transferred to another PC. Therefore, your Artec Studio 8 license will be permanently registered on the chosen PC.
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing email@example.com