1. How is Artec Studio licensed?
Each license of Artec Studio can be installed only on one (1) PC. Such license is non-transferable, except the following circumstances: when the original machine that Artec Studio license was used on: (i) becomes non-functioning or obsolete; and (ii) is taken out of service. In such cases, the license is transferable to a replacement machine.
(!) Artec Studio licenses of any type cannot be resold and/or transferred outside a company.
2. What editions are available for Artec Studio?
Artec Studio is available in 2 editions:
Artec Studio (lifetime) - one-time purchase, no expiration date, not upgradable to any new major versions of Artec Studio, only minor updates (bugfixes are available).
Artec Studio (subscription) - a subscription-based license, minor updates and free upgrade is available as long as the license is active. A standard subscription lasts for 13 months (1year + 1 extra month) and can be renewed or extended at any time. You can save costs when you pay for 5-10 years subscription at once.
All editions are available as 1 license and 3 licenses pack.
3. Is there any difference between Artec Studio and Artec Studio Trial licenses?
All algorithms are the same in both Trial and Full versions of Artec Studio. However, it is not possible to save or export a project in Trial version of Artec Studio.
4. What is Virtual License?
It is a special type of license available for Artec Studio subscription-based users. It appears after Artec Studio 17 activation in Artec Installation Center and allows the Customer to use both Artec Studio 17 and Artec Studio 16 on the same machine with 1 license only. It was introduced to simplify the transition period.
- These licenses are currently available for all Artec Studio users with an active subscription (partners and end-users alike)
- They are only available through the Artec Installation Center
- Artec Studio 16 Virtual License can only be used on the same machine where the Artec Studio 17 license is active
- Both Artec Studio version 17 and 16 licenses will display the same expiration date
- If you deactivate your Artec Studio 17 license, the version 16 license will be automatically disabled as well
- Deactivating or uninstalling Artec Studio 16 will not impact the version 17 license in any way
- All Virtual Licenses will expire in 3 months after the release
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing email@example.com