On Artec Studio launch you may get the following warning message:
This indicates that the video card installed in the computer won't support real-time fusion mode.
Real-time fusion is a special mode in which Artec Studio builds a 3D model in real time while you’re scanning. It’s the easiest and fastest way to obtain a model, but it cannot completely replace the normal workflow for processing raw scans after capturing them. Thus, we recommend avoiding Real-time fusion in the following cases:
- The scene is large and the amount of GPU memory is limited
- Objects have complicated shapes that cannot be captured in one scan session
- The object has small geometric details
- Extra-high accuracy is required
More information about real-time fusion mode is available in the online manual: http://docs.artec-group.com/as/14/en/scan.html#scanning-with-real-time-fusion
Real-time fusion is not an essential software functionality, so you may continue working with your computer configuration. In such a case you may tick off "Don't show again".
Otherwise please refer to the following articles for more information about choosing a video card and the recommended drivers:
- Choosing a suitable graphics card for 3D scanning and post-processing
- NVIDIA drivers, tested and approved by Artec3D
- AMD Radeon/FirePro drivers, tested and approved by Artec3D
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.