March 23, 2020
Some of our users observed the following error displayed in the Artec Studio's log window, while attempting to start the scanning process with either Eva or Spider scanners:
Error: couldn't start capture: tabulation not loaded
This error indicates that the scanner settings file might've become corrupt, and the Artec Studio is unable to start the scanning process.
Please perform these steps to resolve this error:
- Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
- Make sure that Artec Studio is closed.
- Open the following hidden folder on your computer and delete all the files you have inside: C:\Users\[your Windows user name]\AppData\Roaming\Artec\Artec Installation Center\Devices\
- Launch the Artec Installation Center and make sure that your scanner is detected and its status is either "Activated" or "On loan".
- Launch the Artec Studio and make sure that the scanner is working as usual.
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing email@example.com