Per your requests, we’ve summarized all our updates about newly added articles here, giving you direct links to each one. For your convenience, the most recently added information is available in the upper part of the page.
December 29, 2017
The last article, added at the end of 2017, is about a secret method, which allows editing texture frames in a raw 3D-scan. More articles are coming in 2018! :)
December 15, 2017
- We have added a separate article about Artec Studio silent installation, it is a popular option at universities and large organizations.
- Forensics projects sometimes require capturing fingerprints in hi-detailed 3D, so we summarized all our recommendations on this topic here.
November 13, 2017
We have recently had an interesting conversation with 3D Systems team, they sometimes recommend setting particular parameters for Quadro in NVIDIA Control Panel for the best possible performance of Design X. Since Artec Studio 12 is very often paired with Design X on the same PC, we asked Artec QA team to test all its algorithms with this particular video card preset and posted the results here.
October 18, 2017
- An article about thin objects 3D scanning has just got updated, we added a couple of useful tricks there.
- Our team is frequently asked to provide 3D models of Artec scanners - they have been stored in our Sketchfab gallery, now they are available in Support Center, too. Follow this link for more information.
- 3D-scanning of human hair has always been a very interesting topic for our clients, so we combined all our experience in hair scanning in a dedicated article.
- And the last, but not the least: one of Artec Gold Partners has recently posted a video workflow about an arm captured with Artec Eva, it is available here.
September 29, 2017
Two new articles with frequently asked questions have been posted today:
- This one covers the process of 4D video creation
- This one contains a summary of possible automation methods
August 1, 2017
Teguar TM-3110-22F has been tested with Artec scanners and Artec Studio 12. All results of these tests are recorded in this article.
July 6, 2017
We added a separate article about 3D scanning of vehicle interiors.
June 22, 2017
May 25, 2017
May 19, 2017
A separate article about Connexion 3D Mouse and its supported commands was added.
May 12, 2017
In case you’re planning to use a discontinued 3D scanner with Artec Studio 12, we slightly modified the driver-installation sequence. Updated instructions are available here.
April 28, 2017
What’s new in Artec Studio 12? Check out the video tutorial from our partners to find out!
April 24, 2017
April 21, 2017
A new video featuring the Space Spider scanner and Autopilot is now available here.
March 23, 2017
Autopilot is the premier feature of Artec Studio 11, so we created a separate article to describe its principles and workflow.
March 6, 2017
As our customers have requested, we continue describing the most useful Artec Studio 11 algorithms in our articles. Our latest one covers the principles and applications of automatic base removal.
February 9, 2017
We’re offering a free one-year Artec Studio 11 Ultimate subscription to Wacom MobileStudio Pro owners. Find out how to activate yours in this article.
January 21, 2017
We invite you to explore a new section offering Artec Studio 11 video tutorials created by Artec Gold Partner Digitize Designs. These tutorials cover a range of topics including Autopilot, manual alignment, the difference between fusion algorithms, hole-filling and edge-smoothing tools, defeature and eraser tools, mesh simplification, and texture mapping. A separate tutorial about scan quality and how to address warnings is available as well. Enjoy the videos and have fun learning about the features of Artec Studio 11!
You’ve reached the end of Artec Support Center news :) The articles, which had been published earlier and later on, are available here:
If you’re looking for information that’s unavailable from our Support Center or you’re curious to learn more, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the Ask Support button in the upper part of the window. We’ll be happy to assist you!