June 13, 2018
Our customers reported the problem with the following laptop configurations:
- MSI GT63 8RG-018 TITAN (link): Windows 10, Intel i7-8750Hm, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
- Dell Alienware 15 R4 (link): Windows 10, Intel i9-8950HK, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
It turned out that while "Geometry only" scanning mode worked perfectly, the "Geometry and Texture" mode didn't work on these specific laptops.
If you're working with a similar configuration and you're facing a similar problem, follow the steps below:
- Download the attached archive file "for Eva and Spider.zip"
- Update your Artec Studio 12 up to version 22.214.171.124 (the release notes are available here).
- Open the hidden folder C:\Users\windows_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Artec\Artec Studio 12 Professional\126.96.36.199 on your PC
- Unpack the archive (containing studio.conf file) into the above folder, replacing the existing file with the modified one.
- Launch Artec Studio 12, "Geometry and Texture" scanning mode should work smoothly.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.