April 28, 2018
This article contains some useful information about the accessories for Artec Ray 3D scanner: a tripod, the batteries and the reference spheres.
- To stabilize the scanner to increase 3D reconstruction
- To raise the scanner to get an angle from above
- Tripod should be stable enough to fix 5 kg 3D scanner and avoid its wobbling
- There is 5/8 mounting screw on the Artec Ray base, so a corresponding adapter for a tripod might be required
- Manfrotto Triaut tripods: https://www.manfrotto.de/stativ-triaut-schwarz
- NEDO tripods: http://www.nedo.com/index.pl?Lang=ENGLISH&Page=products/stative/kurbelstative.html
- Schweres Kurbelstativ G3H, which can raise the scanner up to 5 meters: https://www.alles-zum-messen.de/epages/62638836.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62638836/Products/21134000
Purpose: To add portability
- Two batteries are supplied with every Artec Ray scanner, they are chargeable and interchangeable
- Each battery is Li-Ion, 14 V, 49 W
- Each battery powers Artec Ray for about 1.5 - 2 hours of 3D-scanning and it requires 2 hours to fully charge each battery
- Fast and precise registration
- Possibility to scan objects without geometrical and/or texture features
- Flexible positioning
- A plastic stand or a magnetic base
- Different diameters (14.5 cm, 20 cm, etc)
Note: We recommend using at least 5 spheres per one scanning angle, so a scanned object and five reference spheres should be clearly visible during every scanning session.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.