This article combines Artec recommendations regarding the most optimal hardware for Artec ScanApp application.
You will need the following hardware for Artec ScanApp:
- Any Mac that is 2014+
- OSX El Capitan or Sierra
- The more powerful Mac you use – the better FPS you will get in 3D scanning session.
Note: ScanApp is not compatible with OSX Yosemite and earlier.
- OS X El Capitan or Sierra (10.11 or 10.12).
- Integrated graphical processor: at least Intel HD Graphics 5300.
- Discrete graphical processor: NVIDIA cards are strongly advised. Also Artec ScanApp runs fine on the latest MacBook Pro’s that have the ATI graphics cards.
- MacBook Pro and iMac are highly recommended (MacBook Pro provides the best performance).
- MacMini is suitable for 3D scanning small objects, though it is not recommended for average and long scanning sessions.
- MacBook Air and MacBook are not recommended.
Current version of Artec ScanApp supports Artec Eva / Eva Lite scanners and does not support Artec Spider / Space Spider and 3rd party sensors like Kinect, ASUS Xtion, Intel RealSense, etc. Please consider using Artec Studio for these devices.