This article combines Artec recommendations regarding the most optimal hardware for the Artec ScanApp application.
- Mac: Mid 2014 or newer
- Operating system: OSX El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave
- The more powerful the hardware – the better FPS you will get during 3D-scanning.
Note: ScanApp is not compatible with OSX Yosemite and earlier.
- OS X El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave (10.11 / 10.12 / 10.13 / 10.14).
- Integrated graphics processor: at least Intel HD Graphics 5300.
- Discrete graphics processor: NVIDIA cards are strongly advised. Artec ScanApp also works on the latest MacBook Pros with ATI Radeon graphics cards.
- MacBook Pro and iMac are highly recommended (MacBook Pro provides the best performance).
- MacMini is suitable for 3D scanning small objects, though it is not recommended for average and long scanning sessions.
- MacBook Air and MacBook are not recommended.
The current version of Artec ScanApp supports Artec Eva / Eva Lite scanners only. It does not support Artec Spider / Space Spider scanners or 3rd party sensors like the Kinect, ASUS Xtion, Intel RealSense, etc. Please consider using Artec Studio for these devices.