Per your requests, we’ve summarized all our updates about newly added articles here, giving you direct links to each one.
August 1, 2017
Teguar TM-3110-22F has been tested with Artec scanners and Artec Studio 12. All results of these tests are recorded in this article.
July 6, 2017
We added a separate article about 3Dconnexion mice and their supported commands.
June 22, 2017
May 25, 2017
May 19, 2017
A separate article about Connextion 3D Mouse and its supported commands was added.
May 12, 2017
In case you’re planning to use a discontinued 3D scanner with Artec Studio 12, we slightly modified the driver-installation sequence. Updated instructions are available here.
April 28, 2017
What’s new in Artec Studio 12? Check out the video tutorial from our partners to find out!
April 24, 2017
April 21, 2017
A new video featuring the Space Spider scanner and Autopilot is now available here.
March 23, 2017
Autopilot is the premier feature of Artec Studio 11, so we created a separate article to describe its principles and workflow.
March 6, 2017
As our customers have requested, we continue describing the most useful Artec Studio 11 algorithms in our articles. Our latest one covers the principles and applications of automatic base removal.
February 9, 2017
We’re offering a free one-year Artec Studio 11 Ultimate subscription to Wacom MobileStudio Pro owners. Find out how to activate yours in this article.
January 21, 2017
We invite you to explore a new section offering Artec Studio 11 video tutorials created by Artec Gold Partner Digitize Designs. These tutorials cover a range of topics including Autopilot, manual alignment, the difference between fusion algorithms, hole-filling and edge-smoothing tools, defeature and eraser tools, mesh simplification, and texture mapping. A separate tutorial about scan quality and how to address warnings is available as well. Enjoy the videos and have fun learning about the features of Artec Studio 11! :)
December 18, 2016
We’re continually adding new content to help our customers. Take a look at the following articles available for free in our Support Center:
- Artec Studio 11 Autopilot video tutorial from Artec Partners
- Scanning tips & tricks for extremely large / huge objects
- Postprocessing tips for extremely large / huge objects
- One Artec Partner’s experience in creating a custom case for Artec Eva
December 7, 2016
We’ve tested more AMD Fire Pro cards with Artec Studio 11 algorithms. Check out the updates to our main article covering AMD performance tests and AMD-certified drivers.
November 1, 2016
We just unveiled a new series of Wacom-related articles:
- Introduction to 3D scanning with Artec Studio Ultimate and Wacom MobileStudio Pro: link to video tutorial
- Postprocessing with Wacom MobileStudio Pro: link to article
- Optional configuration of Wacom pen and keystrokes: link to article
- Windows settings for maximum performance, as well as Wacom MobileStudio Pro tests using Artec Eva and Spider: link to article
October 26, 2016
New articles about scanning and tips for postprocessing are now available here, along with new performance tests:
- If you’re interested in learning how to easily scan legs in 3D, this article. summarizes our helpful tips & tricks.
- For those who want to dig deep into Artec Studio algorithms and analyze the most important characteristic of raw scans and frames, we added a separate article about the Max error parameter.
- Meet HP Omen: a powerful yet portable laptop for scanning and processing. Our customers’ recommendations are available here.
September 27, 2016
We added a couple articles dedicated to ScanApp:
August 16, 2016
Check out some tests of new laptops and their performance on Artec Studio 11:
July 15, 2016
- Artec Studio and AIC installer files are now available in separate section, the Download Center
- This article shows you how to recover a forgotten password for an Artec license server
If your scanner fails to appear as “Connected” for some reason, take a look at this article
July 4, 2016
- Scanning arms using Artec Eva has never been easier: link to article with tips & tricks
- Dezign Works tutorials illustrating direct file transfer from Artec Studio 11 to SolidWorks are available here.
June 22, 2016
We’ve posted a special article for the owners of old Artec S, M, L, MH and MHT scanners. You can now install drivers for these devices manually; they’re available for download at the end of this page.
April 13, 2016
- All necessary information to activate Artec Studio via proxy is now available here
- AMD recently provided some video cards for testing with Artec Studio; we posted the results on this page
- Operating conditions for Artec scanners are now available in a PDF that you can download here
- We describe the PTX/PTEX output format here
- This article provides helpful instructions on how to recover your project
January 14, 2016
When you capture an object using an Artec scanner mounted on a robotic arm and you use the Artec SDK, consider adding coordinate recalculation to your C++ code. For more information, review this article. And yes, it’s indeed a frequently asked question about the Artec SDK! :)
December 29, 2015
Peruse a new section in our Support Center: here you can find all frequently asked questions about the Artec SDK and any information you may need to launch Artec algorithms from your own plugin or C++ application.
We added a couple new and interesting articles as well:
- One of our customers described a powerful PC that handled postprocessing for a 3D model of a huge statue; we posted the specs here
- We’ve created several PDF files with Eva, Spider and Space Spider schemes; download them from this section.
October 9, 2015
- Check out a description of Artec Studio’s Auto mode (“postprocessing in one click”).
- We describe the Texture-healing brush workflow, with pictures, in this article.
- A useful feature for 3D printing: export geometry and texture in a single PLY file. Find the sequence here.
- How to calculate the square and volume of a 3D model is described in this article.
September 25, 2015
This article shows you how to update Artec Studio in offline mode.
September 17, 2015
- Information about optional equipment such as USB extenders and Artec batteries is now in separate section.
- Our customers occasionally ask us which components are essential for the best performance of their Artec scanners; we now list all hardware priority requirements here.
- Photogrammetry is a great help when capturing large objects in 3D, and it’s compatible with our scanners. We’ve combined all our information about this technology, as well as tips and tricks, in one article that you can find here.
You’ve reached the end of Artec Support Center news. :) If you’re looking for information that’s unavailable from our Support Center or you’re just curious to learn more, contact us by emailing email@example.com or by clicking the Ask Support button in the upper part of the window. We’ll be happy to assist you!