July 27 2016
Thanks to Artec Gold Partner Patrick Thorn who has recently made an extensive test of new HP ZBook 15 G3 laptop together with Artec Eva and Artec Studio 11. What's more interesting, he compared the performance of HP Zbook with his Gigabyte P35V2.
|GIGABYTE P35V2||HP ZBook 15 G3|
|OS||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Pro|
2.50GHz (8 CPUs)
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1505M v5
2.80GHz (8 CPUs)
|RAM||16 Gb||32 Gb|
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA Quadro M1000M
Intel(R) HD Graphics P530
|Weight||2.26 KG||2.0 KG|
|Appr. price||£995,00||£2 012,50|
- Both laptops were switched to "High performance mode" in Windows Power Settings.
- All tests were performed in Artec Studio 11.
- Prices are listed approximately (before VAT).
- 2000 frames are captured in total per every session,
- FPS is measured at start and end of every session.
- Scanning mode is default one ("Geometry+texture" tracking method).
|FPS at start||FPS at end|
Outdoor 3D-scanning of the statue with Artec Eva:
- 13 separate scans
- 7964 frames in total
- Size of all scans loaded in RAM: 9204 Mb
|Process \ Time, sec||GIGABYTE P35V2||HP ZBook 15 G3|
|Sharp fusion (1st test)||not enough memory||592|
|Smooth fusion (2nd test)||1160||1005|
|Small object filter||2,7||2,7|
|Fast mesh simplification||179||155|
- Both fine and global registrations were launched by geometry only.
- Sharp fusion was launched with "watertight" parameter.
- Number of triangles for Fast mesh simplification was set at 600 000.
So HP ZBook 15 G3 is a nice and powerful laptop which provides excellent performance in both 3D scanning and post-processing.
Our team is here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Submit a request" button at the bottom right side of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.