This article will help you check whether you have downloaded the appropriate license and installed the necessary drivers to enable Artec Studio to recognize your scanner. If for some reason your Artec scanner appears as “Not connected” in the Scan section of the software, follow the steps listed below (in sequence).
Windows Device Manager
Open the Windows device manager and check whether “Artec 3D Scanners” is on the list:
- Artec Eva/Eva Lite should appear as “Artec 3D Camera” and “Artec Color Camera”
- Artec Spider / Space Spider should appear as three instances of “Artec 3D Camera” and one instance of “Artec Color Camera”
If the device manager doesn’t show your scanner as an Artec device, follow these instructions to ensure that you have properly installed the drivers on your PC.
Scanner status in Artec Installation Center
- Open Artec Installation Center via the Windows Start menu and check the status of your device
- You should see either “Rented” or “Activated” near the scanner serial number
- If an active button (“Rent,” “Activate” or “Update”) is present, click on it and make sure the scanner status has changed accordingly
Now check whether your PC has downloaded the scanner license:
- Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Artec\Artec Installation Center\Devices\scanner_serial_number
- Ensure the folder contains at least two files (with extensions *.corr and *.add)
Artec Studio privileges
After you follow the steps above to make sure that Windows recognizes the scanner and the appropriate license files are on your PC, restart Artec Studio as administrator (right-click on the desktop icon and select “Run as administrator”).
Different USB ports may provide different performance levels, so if none of the steps above resolves the issue, connect your scanner to another port. If you’re using a desktop PC, use the ports located on back side of your machine rather than those on the front side.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.