This article aims at resolving connection issues with your scanner.
If your Artec scanner appears as “Not connected” in the Scan section of the Artec Studio software, please follow the steps outlined below (in the sequence listed).
Important: the latest public update of Windows 10 (1803 build 17134)
[Updated on May 21, 2018]
There is a known issue with the latest Windows update, which can cause a problem with an Artec scanner not being detected in Artec Studio.
In this case, please install the latest Artec Studio version - 22.214.171.124, which contains a fix for this Windows update.
In all other cases not caused by the latest public Windows update, troubleshoot your connection issue by following the steps below.
Step 1: check Windows Device Manager
Open the Windows Device Manager and check whether there is an “Artec 3D Scanners” entry in the list:
- Artec Eva/Eva Lite should appear as one “Artec 3D Camera” and one “Artec Color Camera”
- Artec Spider / Space Spider should appear as three instances of “Artec 3D Camera” and one instance of “Artec Color Camera”
If the device manager doesn’t show your scanner as an Artec device, follow these instructions to ensure that you have properly installed the drivers on your PC.
Step 2: check the scanner status in the Artec Installation Center application
- Open the Artec Installation Center application (via the Windows Start menu) and check the status of your device
- You should see a “Rented” or “Activated” status next to the scanner's serial number
- In case you see a button (labeled “Rent,” “Activate” or “Update”), click on it and wait until the scanner status changes accordingly
Step 3: check the scanner license file
Check whether the scanner license file has been correctly downloaded:
- Navigate to the hidden folder C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Artec\Artec Installation Center\Devices\your_scanner_serial_number
- Ensure the folder contains at least two files (with extensions *.corr and *.add)
Step 4: check Artec Studio admin privileges
After you have followed the above steps ensuring that Windows recognizes the scanner and the appropriate license files are on your PC; please run Artec Studio as an administrator (right-click on the desktop icon and select “Run as administrator”).
Step 5: check the USB port
Different USB ports may provide different performance, while some may not work correctly at all. If none of the above steps resolved your connection issue, try connecting your scanner to different USB ports of your PC.
If you’re using a desktop PC, use the ports located on the rear side of your machine rather than those on the front (the rear ports usually offer more stable/reliable performance).
Also, please attempt unplugging all other USB devices from your PC while troubleshooting the connection issue.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.