The exact version of drivers depends on your device series. As the first step, please check the label on the bottom of your Artec scanner.
Scanners of CP, AG, AC, W2, T2 series
These device types are fully compatible with the latest drivers that are used in Artec Studio 9, 10, 11 and 12. So please follow corresponding instructions here to install them.
Scanners of CD, SL, M2, DS, AI, BS, LS series
- You will need USB 2.0 port for such scanner; correct performance with USB 3.0 is not guaranteed.
- If you are aiming to use this scanner under Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, check this article for more information. Normally we recommend to use such 3D scanner only under Windows 7.
The latest version of Artec Installation Center does not install drivers for these scanners by default. Use the instruction below to install them manually.
Depending on exact software version, Artec Studio may or may not install drivers for outdated scanners:
- Artec Studio 9 and 10 will automatically install drivers for these scanners on your PC, so just run the corresponding installer file.
- Artec Studio 11 and 12 won't install drivers for these scanners. Use the instruction below to install them manually.
- The next version of Artec Studio (13) will not support scanners of these series at all.
Manual drivers installation (for Artec Studio 11 and 12)
Step 1: Artec Installation Center
Since scanners of CD, SL, M2, DS, AI, BS, LS series are outdated, you need an older Artec Installation Center at your PC to detect this device and download its license file.
- Install Artec Studio 11 or 12 at your PC.
- Now open Control Panel --> Programs and features and uninstall Artec Installation Center (you will install older version instead).
- Download Artec Installation Center (AIC) version 184.108.40.206 (direct link or Dropbox mirror). Since this version contains the drivers package for discontinued scanners, drivers will be installed at your PC.
- Make sure that your scanner is shown in AIC either in "Activated" or in "Rented" status.
- Connect your Artec scanner to PC, open Windows Device Manager and make sure you it is detected either as USB 2.0 Imaging device there (or Lumenera 2.0. Imaging Device).
Step 2: Artec Studio 11 and 12
You will need to manually place necessary DLL files, so new Artec Studio (11 or 12) can detect an outdated scanner of CD, SL, M2, DS, AI, BS, LS series.
- For Artec Studio 11: open folder C:\Program Files\Artec\Artec Studio 11 Professional and unpack DLL files from as11.zip there (archive is attached to the article, scroll to the end of the page to download it).
- For Artec Studio 12: open folder C:\Program Files\Artec\Artec Studio 12 Professional and unpack DLL files from as12.zip there (archive is attached to the article, scroll to the end of the page to download it).
- Connect your scanner to PC.
- Run Artec Studio 11 or 12 and make sure that your scanner is detected in section "Scan".
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.