1. Checking the installed driver version
Once your Artec scanner is connected to your PC and powered on, a category labeled "Artec 3D Scanners" will appear in the Windows Device Manager.
- An Artec Eva / Eva Lite device is recognized as one Artec 3D Camera and one Artec Color Camera.
- An Artec Spider / Space Spider device is recognized as three Artec 3D Cameras and one Artec Color Camera.
The latest driver version is 18.104.22.168 (illustrated below):
2. Driver files
Provided that the Artec Studio software or the Artec Installation Center is installed on your machine, the scanner drivers will be located in the following directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Artec\Scanner\Drivers\a3dscan6\x64 (older Artec Studio versions).
C:\Program Files\Artec\Scanner\Drivers\a3dscan6\x64 (newer Artec Studio versions).
The driver package consists of the following files:
These drivers are compatible with the following Artec Studio software versions:
- Artec Studio 8 (version 22.214.171.124)
- Artec Studio 9 (version 126.96.36.199), please check the release notes for more information.
- Artec Studio 10 and newer (all versions)
3. Automatic driver installation
Drivers for Artec scanners are installed automatically on your PC during the installation of any of the following Artec software packages:
- Artec Studio (8, 9, 10 and newer)
- Artec Installation Center (AIC)
4. Manual driver installation
In case the drivers need to be installed manually, proceed as follows:
- Make sure your Artec scanner is connected to the PC and powered on, then open the Windows Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager, right-click on "Artec Camera" and go to Properties --> Driver --> Update driver. Finally, select Browse my computer.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Artec\Scanner\Drivers\a3dscan6\x64 or C:\Program Files\Artec\Scanner\Drivers\a3dscan6\x64 (depending on your software version).
- Select the driver and apply. The driver will be installed.
- Repeat steps 1 - 4 for all Artec cameras shown in the Windows Device Manager.
If your PC fails to recognize your scanner as an Artec device / Artec camera:
- Windows Device Manager may show an Unknown device or an Imaging Device 2.0 instead of an Artec device. This behavior occurs if the drivers failed to install correctly.
Right-click on the mislabeled device and install the correct drivers by using the same sequence as described above (i.e. choose the path to the scanner drivers and apply them).
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org