This article will guide you through upgrade process in case your Artec Studio version was activated offline.
In online activation mode, all actions listed below are made in an automatic way via Artec Installation Center. In offline activation mode, you should copy some of the files from folder to the folder manually.
How to upgrade Artec Studio 12.0 to 12.N in offline mode
Let us say, you have installed Artec Studio 12.0 on your PC using offline activation method and you would like to upgrade your software up to version 12.1.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Download the installer of Artec Studio 12.1 from any PC with access to the Internet. All installers are available for download in "My software" section at my.artec3d.com.
- Bring this installer file to an offline PC.
- Launch the installeradministrator's rights in Windows are not essential, but highly recommended).
- As soon as installation is finished, navigate to folder C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Artec\Artec Studio 12 Ultimate (or Artec Studio 12 Professional). Please note that folder "AppData" in hidden by default in Windows, so if you do not see it, please enable displaying of hidden files in Control Panel --> Folder options.
- There will be two folders inside - 12.0.N.N and 12.1.N.N.
- Copy file license.dat from 12.0.N.N to 12.1.N.N.
- Launch Artec Studio.
That's all. Now enjoy the new features of this release :)
How to upgrade Artec Studio N-1 to Artec Studio N in offline mode
For example, you have Artec Studio 11 installed and activated offline and you would like to install Artec Studio 12 at in offline mode on the same PC.
The sequence of actions will be as follows:
- Download Artec Studio 12 installer and bring it to offline PC as it is described above.
- Enable displaying hidden files in Windows.
- Remove files aic.dat and cache.ini from folder C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Artec\Artec Installation Center
- Launch installer of Artec Studio 12 (administrator rights in Windows are not essential, but highly recommended).
- Proceed with offline activation as it is described in this document.
- All versions of Artec Studio 9, lower than 184.108.40.206, utilize a different pack of drivers for Artec scanners. So Artec Studio 9 of the older version is not compatible with Artec Studio 10 / 11 / 12 and should be upgraded.
- This type of upgrade is required only in case you want to keep both AS9 and AS10 / 11 / 12 on the same PC. If you don't, just uninstall Artec Studio 9 prior to Artec Studio 10 / 11 / 12 installation.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.