[Updated] April 24, 2017
Artec Studio 12 officially supports Windows 10.
[Updated] June 1, 2016
Artec Studio 10 and 11 officially support Windows 10.
August 12, 2015
Today we performed extensive testing of Artec Eva, Artec Spider and some third-party sensors under Windows 10.
Our tests included the following:
- Artec Installation Center (AIC) installation,
- Artec Studio installation,
- 3D-scanning in different modes,
- Post-processing sequence execution,
- Full uninstall of the software.
We tested Eva in Artec Studio 126.96.36.199 and Artec Studio 10.1.0.92. We tested Spider and 3rd party sensors in Artec Studio 10.1.0.92.
All tests of these sensors were conducted in Artec Studio 10 Ultimate:
- Asus XTion,
- Kinect V1 for Windows,
- Kinect V1 Xbox,
- Kinect V2 for Windows,
- Intel f200
- Intel r200
We installed Artec Studio and the drivers for Artec scanners under Windows 10 in the usual way; the process is similar to that under Windows 7 or 8.
On some PCs running Windows 10 you may receive a warning message (dpinst32 code), simply dismiss it and continue the installation.
Scanning performance (USB 2.0 and 3.0)
Both Artec Eva and Spider operated normally in all tracking modes during the tests.
For some PCs running Windows 10, the Artec Eva may scan slower if the scanner is plugged into the USB 3.0 port while capturing data in 'Geometry + Texture' mode. The FPS, in this case, greatly depends on the chipset (please view this article about USB 3.0 compatibility for more information).
We have experienced no issues thus far. As long as the PC's hardware specifications meet the requirements, the post-processing performance under Windows 10 will match the performance under Windows 7 and 8.
If you need to downgrade your NVIDIA drivers in Windows 10, then make sure you change the system driver compatibility settings:
- Press the "Windows" + Pause buttons on the keyboard, then go to Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings and select "No, let me chose what to do", then "Never install driver software from Windows Update" and clear the "Automatically get device app..." box (see the picture linked below).
- Download the 347.88 drivers: GeForce driver and Quadro driver.
- Install the drivers.
We're here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.