This article is all about automatic post-processing (APP) that allows you to launch several algorithms in a row with one click.
- APP saves time and makes processing much easier.
- It is extremely useful when the workflow envolves scanning the same object types (vacuum cushions, teeth molds).
- It is great solution for large objects as well.
How to set the sequence of algorithms
Navigate to section Tools and switch to Auto mode in upper part of the screen
You can switch on or off any algorithm in the sequence. For example, on the picture above Fast and Smooth fusions are switched off and Sharp fusion is switched on.
We have scanned a person on rotating platform and received one scan that we want to post-process in one click using Auto mode.
Let's check how to set the algorithms, so they will suit these requirements:
- The post-processing time should be minimized as much as possible.
- Model should be watertight, so it can be immediately 3D-printed afterwards.
- Final model should be simplified before 3D-printing.
So we'll use these algorithms in auto mode:
- Global registration in 'Geometry only' mode.
- Smooth fusion with 'watertight' option.
- Mesh simplification (to reduce number of polygons in final model).
Step 1: Parameters.
We choose the settings for global registration, smooth fusion and mesh simplification. These settings will be used in auto mode.
Step 2: Sequence for auto-mode.
In 'Auto' mode we choose what algorithms should be launched.
For example, in our case it is global registration, smooth fusion, small objects filter and mesh simplification. All other algorithms are switched off.
Algorithm will be run exactly in this sequence.
Step 3: Go!
We press 'Go' and in couple of minutes we receive the result:
Tips and recommendations
- APP is performed in fixed order.
- Rough serial registration is always made automatically during the scanning, so you may disable it in your APP sequence.
- Fine serial registration is run automatically, so it can be skipped in APP as well.
- If object has significant geometrical features, you can set global registration to 'Geometry only' mode and receive even faster post-processing.
- Do not launch several fusion algorithms in a row. Please choose either fast fusion or smooth fusion or sharp fusion and switch it on in APP. All other fusions should be turned off.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.