This article is will cover the main principles of automatic post-processing (APP) that can launch several algorithms in a row with just one click.
- APP saves time and makes processing much easier.
- It is extremely useful when the workflow involves 3D scanning of the same object types (vacuum cushions, teeth molds, body parts, etc).
- It is great solution for large objects, since you can program the batch of algorithms, launch them and leave the system for some time, while it is making calculations.
Navigate to section Tools and choose Auto mode in upper part of the screen, then switch on the algorithms that you need. For example, on the picture below Fast and Smooth fusions are switched off and Sharp fusion is switched on.
A doctor is 3D scans the backs of his patients on an everyday basis. He captures one scan per patient with his Artec Eva and he would like to process this scan in one click in the fastest possible way.
Therefore, we should setup these algorithms to be used in APP:
- Global registration in "Geometry only" mode
- Smooth or sharp fusion without "watertight" option
- Small-object filter
Step 1: Parameters
Let's define the suitable algorithm settings in Manual mode, because the same values of these parameters will be applied in Auto mode.
Step 2: Sequence for Auto mode
Now let's switch to Auto mode and choose what algorithms should be launched. For example, in our case it is global registration, sharp fusion and small-object filter to be switched on, while all other algorithms should be switched off.
These algorithms will be launched in this fixed sequence.
Step 3: Go!
Now we click Go! and in couple of minutes we receive the result 3D mesh:
Tips and recommendations
- Remember that APP launches the algorithms in a fixed order.
- If you would like to use several scans in APP, they should be pre-aligned before you start APP. We recommend to use Continuous scanning option to align the data automatically during 3D scanning session.
- Rough serial registration is always performed automatically during 3D scanning process, so you can disable it in your APP sequence.
- Fine serial registration is launched automatically after 3D scanning session, so it can be disabled in APP as well.
- If object has significant geometrical features, you can set global registration to Geometry only mode for even faster post-processing.
- Do not launch several types of fusion algorithms one by one inside your APP sequence. Instead, choose either fast fusion or smooth fusion or sharp fusion and switch it on in APP. All other fusion types should be switched off.
- After APP finishes calculations, you can additionally apply texture over your 3D mesh or export it from Artec Studio.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.