This FAQ is all about bundle of several sensors that you can use in multi-scanning mode in Artec Studio 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 (Ultimate editions).
Q: Are there any special hardware requirements for bundle of several sensors?
A: Yes, please keep in mind that every sensor should be plugged to separate USB controller or separate PCI Express card. If needed, you can check how many USB controllers are installed at your PC using free Microsoft utility called USB View.
Q: Please advise any PCI Express card in particular.
A: Our clients use two of the attached USB PCI-cards (please check the photo at the end of the article). As the result, they have connected 8 ASUS XTion sensors to one PC and are successfully using them.
Q: Can I combine sensors of multiple types?
A: Yes, it is possible to combine the sensors, for example we used PrimeSense + ASUS in one of our experiments.
Q: Can I use several sensors at the same time?
A: It depends on the type of the sensors that you are aiming to use.
- Kinect for XBox 360, Kinect for Windows v1, Asus XTion and PrimeSense support using multiple sensors at the same time.
- Kinect for Windows V2 and Kinect XBox One do not support multi-capture.
- Intel RealSense R200, F200 and SR300 do not support multi-capture.
Q: How to create a bundle in Artec Studio?
A: Here is the sequence:
- Connect your sensors to PC and make sure that they are detected in Artec Studio.
- Navigate to tab MULTI and choose Number of scanners to use = number of your sensors.
- Make sure you are using mode called Separate scans.
- Capture something.
- Run fine serial registration for the scans that you captured. You can switch to 'Geometry only' mode inside the algorithm if necessary.
- Navigate to ALIGN and perform rigid alignment. Click Apply to save the results.
- Use command File - Create bundle to remember the position of your sensors in Artec Studio.
- From now on you can use your bundle in section MULTI. To use it, please put a tick in option Use bundle and select your bundle in drop-down list.
For more information please refer to Artec Studio User's Guide. Please press F1 to open it in Artec Studio.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.