Make sure that your PC is set to ‘High performance’ mode.
Control Panel → Power options → High performance
Some laptops have an 'Ultra performance' mode in addition to the 'High performance' mode. Feel free to use this mode as well.
- If you are using a desktop PC, please make sure that the scanner is plugged into the USB slots on the back side of your computer.
- Experiment with different USB ports. The idea is to find a port with the best performance.
- Make sure that no other devices are connected to the same USB controller (especially USB wi-fi dongles and USB drawing pads)
- Generally, we do not encourage the use of USB extenders. However, if you do require a USB extender, please refer to this article for more information and a list of USB extenders that we have personally tested.
- In case of USB-related issues, we recommend updating the drivers of your USB chipset to the latest version.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.