First serie of tests with Artec Studio 10: August 15, 2014.
The latest serie of tests with Artec Studio 11: June 1, 2016.
We use Surface Pro 3 tablet together with Artec Eva (mostly for outdoors scanning and exhibitions).
There are several Surface Pro3 configurations available, we recommend the one with i7:
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Intel i7 (4th generation Intel Core i7-4650U 3.30 GHz)
- 8GB RAM
- Full-size USB 3.0
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- 256 GB hard drive
Performance with Artec Studio 10:
- Scanning speed on MS Surface is slower comparing to Razer Edge Pro. Eva scanning speed is 7-10 FPS in "Geometry + Texture" mode and 12-14 FPS in "Geometry" mode (maximum is 16 FPS).
- We captured full body in "Geometry + Texture" mode and recorded about 2500 frames without any problem. The only issue is that after 3000 captured frames RAM on Surface is full, so it is a good idea to unload some scans at this point.
- Please note that real-time fusion mode is not available for Surface since this scanning mode requires powerful NVIDIA/ATI card. Other scanning modes work perfectly.
Two tips how to increase the performance in "Geometry + Texture" mode:
- Enable high performance mode on your Surface using this key in Windows registry: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\CsEnabled (1->0)
- Speed up real-time 3D-reconstruction by decreasing Triangle Step in Artec Studio (File -- Settings -- Scan -- Use default real-time settings -- Set Triangle Step from 6 to 8).
Performance in Artec Studio 11:
- MS Surface Pro 3 works with Artec Studio 11, please make sure you are using version 220.127.116.11 and higher (in case you are using version 11.0, please update it up to the latest one).
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can..