Q: What is SDK?
A: SDK is Software Development Kit which includes:
- API (Application Programming Interfaces)
Artec 3D Scanning SDK Installer installs SDK dynamic libraries and provides an API for you to use ones in you own application. Those libraries contain the same units of code that we use in our Artec Studio, so your application can control scanning process, run basic algorithms, export the model, etc.
Q: Can I use Artec SDK to write plug-ins for Artec Studio?
A: Not yet. You write and compile a separate exe-file of your own application that does not communicate with Artec Studio (astudio.exe)
Q: How can I use Artec SDK?
A: Artec SDK can be used in three different ways:
- You create totally new application that manages Artec scanner and processing of the captured data.
- You add support of Artec scanners in your own software.
- You create plugin for any industry recognized leaders software (that supports adding C++ plugins).
Q: What scanners are supported in SDK?
A: We support the following scanner types:
- Artec Eva / Eva Lite
- Artec Spider / Space Spider
- Artec L2
- All future scanners manufactured by Artec Group
Q: What algorithms are supported in SDK?
A: We support these types of algorithms:
- Enumerate connected device(s)
- Control scanner (preview/pause/scan/stop)
- Continuous scanning
- Multi scanners capture
- Control over scanning parameters (Set Features to track, set FPS, adjust scanner field of view, adjust texture brightness, set Sensitivity, set texture recording, disable flash bulb)
- Registration (rough, fine, global)
- Loop closure
- Outliers removal
- Fusion (fast, sharp, smooth)
- Small objects filter
- Mesh simplification (including Fast mesh simplification introduced in Artec Studio 10)
- Texture mapping (atlas / triangles map, including Inpaint missing texture introduced in Artec Studio 10)
- Individual frames
- Polygonal 3D-models with / without texture
Q: What algorithms are not supported in SDK?
A: In current version of SDK we do not support the following algorithms:
- Scanning: Real-time fusion mode.
- Post-processing: Align of scans and model modification tools (Eraser, Defeature).
- Output: Point clouds.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.