This document is aimed at users who need to activate Artec Studio offline.
If the computer you are installing Artec Studio on doesn't have an Internet connection and can't be connected to the Internet for security or other reasons then you can use Offline activation procedure to activate a copy of Artec Studio.
Computers activated offline can't be deactivated later so use this option only if you ought to. Please do not use it for testing purposes.
To do that you need to have:
- another computer connected to the Internet,
- distributive of Artec Studio (it's better to download it from my.artec3d.com --> My applications),
- flash drive or any other media to copy files to and from computer not connected to the Internet and one that does.
Installation procedure is following:
- run Artec Studio installation file
- During installation the login/password dialog will be displayed as shown on the image press Activate Offline... here
- Offline activation dialog will be displayed (see below) - press Save... here and save generated Activation ID file to the Flash drive
- On the computer connected to the Internet log into your my.artec3d.com account and open My Applications page
- Find Artec Studio in product list and click on it - new page shown below will be rendered
- Click Activate application offline link and select Activation ID file from Flash drive
- New dialog will appear allowing you to download Offline Activation Data file with again has to be stored on the Flash drive
- Return to the computer with installation, press Activate and Continue button and specify Offline Activation Data file.
Once the Activation Data File is created, my.artec3d.com will decrease number of activations available to you by 1.
If all mentioned above steps are completed correctly, you will have your copy of Artec Studio activated on not connected to the Internet computer and all your Artec 3D Scanners installed onto the computer as well.
If later you purchase another Artec 3D scanner, follow these steps to have its license files copied on your PC:
- Activate scanner on some other PC with Internet connection under your account. If you need any help with activation please contact your local reseller;
- Go to my.artec3d.com - My applications - Artec Studio (9 or 10 or 11);
- Select "Rebuild and download" on your offline license;
- Open downloaded file with WinRar;
- Copy Artec Installation Center - Devices folder with all files from an unzipped archive and move it to 'C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Artec\Artec Installation Center' of your offline activated PC (by default AppData is a hidden folder, please enable the displaying of hidden folders in Windows).
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.