License deactivation is supported for Artec Studio 8.1, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Keep in mind that:
- You can't perform a license deactivation for licenses that were activated offline (more information can be found here).
- License deactivation should not be used as an everyday routine operation of a constant license transfer from one PC to another. This procedure is supposed to be used only in exceptional cases, for example, while moving Artec Studio from "old" PC to a new one during a scheduled hardware upgrade.
Deactivation via software uninstall
You will need a working Internet connection and full administrator rights in order to successfully perform this type of license deactivation. Also, please ensure that your firewall and/or antivirus program is not blocking any Artec applications.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Go to the Windows "Control Panel" and open "Programs and Features".
- From the software list, select the version of Artec Studio that you would like to deactivate.
- Click on "Uninstall".
- Select the checkbox 'Deactivate Artec Studio' as pictured below.
Note: In older version of Artec Studio, the name of the checkbox may differ.
Example: "I want to deactivate this computer".
Now click on "Next" to continue, and follow the on-screen prompts. Your software will be uninstalled and deactivated.
Deactivation via Artec Partner or Artec technical support
This method can be used in the following cases:
- You no longer have access to the computer where your software license was active and cannot initiate an uninstall: the HDD was replaced, Windows was re-installed, the computer was stolen, etc.
- You want to deactivate the Artec Studio 8.0 version, which does not support a deactivation via software uninstall.