August 01, 2017
Today we had a chance to test the Teguar TM-3110-22F tablet alongside the both Artec Eva and Space Spider. We really loved its performance, so take a look at our observations below!
About the tablet:
The Teguar TM-3110-22F is a fanless medical computer with a large touch screen and silent operation, thus, it's perfect for use in surgical suites, radiology labs, and other treatment environments.
We tested a model with the following specifications:
- 21.5" HD touchscreen
- Windows 10 Pro
- USB 3.0.
- Intel i7 5700HQ 2.70GHz processor
- 16 GB RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 5600 (we used driver version 22.214.171.12431)
Scanning performance test
- First, we checked Geometry+Texture mode and captured about 4,000 frames using Artec Eva to determine the average scanning speed. The result (15.4 FPS) was close to the scanner’s maximum (16 FPS) during the entire test.
- Because real-time fusion mode uses the video card intensively, we also tested the tablet in that mode to evaluate the performance of the Intel HD Graphics 5600. We captured a large scene (about 1,600 frames in total) and achieved 15–15.4 FPS throughout the scanning session.
- Artec Space Spider operates at its maximum FPS on this tablet, as well (both in regular scanning mode and in Real-time fusion mode).
Post-processing performance test
- We ran a full postprocessing cycle over all the data we captured with Artec Eva during the scanning-performance test: fine and global registration, sharp fusion, and mesh simplification. Since the speed of these algorithms depends on the number and power of the CPU cores, this Teguar model with the high-performance Intel Core i7 processor easily handled all our calculations for the scanned data. Global registration and sharp fusion are usually the longest and most resource-intensive processes, but not in this case; they took just 3.5 minutes and 4 minutes, respectively.
- The maximum output texture size depends on the video card’s capacity; our tests showed the Intel HD Graphics 5600 can generate up to 8,192 x 8,192 textures. Also, we confirmed that texture mapping runs flawlessly on this tablet.
The Teguar TM-3110-22 is a good example of a powerful tablet that delivers high performance. It can perform medical 3D scanning and quick postprocessing of captured data. We expect that combining this tablet with some kind of hospital monitor arm, like the one below, is a good idea:
The tablet will be especially beneficial for operators who are using Artec Eva and can quickly move around the patient or scene they’re scanning, capturing all details at maximum FPS and with total flexibility
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.