Customers frequently ask us whether Artec Studio supports a silent installation, so we’ve gathered all the relevant information in this short article.
- We use Install Shield, which has a built-in silent installation option (http://www.silentinstall.org/InstallShield)
- The person responsible for software installation should run the Artec Studio installer from a command prompt with the /r option to create an installer response file (setup.iss) that records all choices.
- Artec Studio can then be installed silently on any other PC using the /s option:
Note: The command Setup.exe /s runs the installation in silent mode. By default, the process is based on the responses contained in a response file called Setup.iss, which resides in the same directory.
Two issues to keep in mind:
- If you perform the installation on a clean PC, the Artec Studio installer will run Artec Installation Center to activate the license. You must either organize a user input at this point (to press the “Activate” button) or emulate it with a script.
- 2. If the PC has multiple Windows accounts, you should add the license files for each one—either manually or using your installation script. Check out this article for more information.
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org