Our team is frequently asked, whether Artec Studio supports a silent installation, so let's gather all information together in this short article.
- We use Install Shield, which has a built-in silent installation option (http://www.silentinstall.org/InstallShield)
- The person, responsible for the software installation in the company, should run Artec Studio installer from a command prompt with /r option to create an installer response file (setup.iss) with all choices being recorded.
- After than Artec Studio can be installed silently on any other PC, using /s option:
Note: The command Setup.exe /s runs the installation in silent mode, by default based on the responses contained in a response file called Setup.iss in the same directory.
Two issues to keep in mind:
- If installation is performed on a clean PC, then Artec Studio installer will run Artec Installation Center to activate the license. You will either have to organize a user input at this point (to press the "Activate" button) or to emulate it with a script.
- If there are several Windows accounts on this PC, then the license files should be placed for all of them – manually or via your installation script. Check this article for more information.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.