In case you have several operators who are 3D-scanning an object from different sides (for example, a really large one), then it is recommended to merge all scanned raw data into a single Artec Studio project afterwards. The method suggested below is the fastest one:
- Open Project 1
- Select all scans in Workspace
- Choose File --> Export scans --> *.ply
- Close Project 1, open Project 2, export all data from there in the same way.
- Open your main project where you would like to stored all scanned data
- Drag'n'drop all folders from p.3 and 4 to Artec Studio window which is now opened at your screen. So technically you just drag the folder icon to Artec Studio without opening folder itself.
- Data will be loaded to your project.
- Navigate to File --> Settings --> Scan and choose the preset (M-type for Eva, S-Spider-type for Spider). These parameters influence the settings of post-processing algorithms, so it is important to keep them the same as the type of scanner that your operators used for data capturing.
- Now save the project
Note: Comparing to *.scan or *plyVC, *.ply is the fastest format to export a sequence of raw 3D-frames with texture, that's why here we recommend to use it.
- Learn more about scan prefixes to assign corresponding names to raw scans on the go.
- Learn how to combine the data from different scanner types in one model, for example, from Eva + Spider.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.