If multiple individuals are scanning an object from different sides (for example, a huge object), we recommend merging the raw data into a single Artec Studio project once the scan is complete.
Let us say, you have Project 1 and Project 2 that you would like to merge into another project. The following is the fastest method.
- Open Project 1
- Select all scans in the Workspace panel
- Choose File - Export scans - *.ply
- Close Project 1, open Project 2, repeat step 3.
- Open the project where you’d like to store the scanned data
- Drag and drop all folders from step 3 and step 4 in the Artec Studio window that’s now open on your screen. You need not open the folders.
- Wait for Artec Studio to load the data into your project.
- Navigate to File - Settings - Scan and choose the preset for your scanner (use M-type for Eva or S-Spider-type for Spider). These parameters influence the post-processing algorithm settings, so it’s important that they match the type of scanner you used to capture the data.
- Save the project
Note: We recommend using *.ply because compared with *.scan and *plyVC, it’s the fastest way to export a sequence of raw 3D frames with texture.
- Learn more about using scan prefixes to assign appropriate names to raw scans on the go.
- Learn how to combine data from different scanner types into one model, for example, when you are using both Eva and Spider.
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.