Artec Studio 220.127.116.11 (13.06.2018)
Fixed issues: the ones, that caused scanning malfunction on some laptops and the ones, related to non-latin symbols in the filenames:
- Application could not initialize scanner, when launched by the Windows-user with such usernames
- Artec Studio was unable to save projects with the filenames featuring those kinds of symbols.
Note: in this scenario, set the corresponding language in your system locale, as it's shown on this picture.
Artec Studio 18.104.22.168 (21.05.2018)
- A special fix for the latest Windows 10 update (1803 build 17134), causing the issue of Artec 3D scanner not being detected in Artec Studio.
Artec Studio 22.214.171.124 (23.04.2018)
- A fix for KB4093112 Windows 10 update for a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16'' tablet: NVIDIA Quadro is selected as a preferred videocard.
Artec Studio 126.96.36.199 (16.08.2017)
- Artec Installation Center now installs into the Program Files folder rather than into Program Files (x86)
- Fixed an issue that prevented a user from selecting particular algorithms in the Tools–Auto panel.
- Fixed miscellaneous issues related to license renewal workflow and reactivation after user switching.
Artec Studio 188.8.131.528 (14.06.2017)
- New global registration algorithm: up to 20 times faster than in Artec Studio 11 and up to 10 times faster than in Artec Studio 12.0
- Increased scanning speed in multicapture
- Editor tools (except for Texture-healing brush) now allow undo/redo operations directly inside them
- The Apply button is back in Texture-healing brush
- Hot keys added: G and L for the Show grid and the Lighting commands, respectively
- 3D manipulator in Defeature brush now remembers its adjusted size
- Fixed an issue that caused algorithms to disable when entering the Tools panel just after Autopilot finishes
- Addressed an issue that could cause the "Logic error exception" error to occur during Global registration.
- Texture-adjustment settings applied by Autopilot will no longer reset when entering the Adjust texture panel.
- "Detect key frames" from the Scan context menu
- "Enable Stereo mode" from the View menu
"Invert selection" or Ctrl+Alt+A may not cause rendering a correct set of available commands in the Tools panel.
Artec Studio 184.108.40.206 (24.04.2017)
- Smarter automatic base removal: detects and erases the base as well as all surfaces below the base
- Same algorithm now handles "Base selection" mode in Editor
Global registration is now several times faster—a particular advantage for large projects containing lots of 3D data.
New auto-sensitivity for Eva scanner
- Eliminates need to tune this feature manually (slider hides itself)
- Provides more-robust tracking on hard-to-scan surfaces
- Produces almost no 3D noise
Note: Sensitivity adjustment for Spider remains unchanged
- New setting compacts memory automatically after each algorithm finishes
- Added enhanced project compression for compact data storage (lossy compression, configurable)
- Scans can be selected and deselected during editing
- "Deselect" button added
Improved user experience throughout the program:
- Added progress bar to the application icon in the Windows taskbar
- All Editor brushes now apply actions iteratively, allowing Undo/Redo of each step
- Application automatically selects all scans when you open the Align panel
- "Export mesh" dialog is more consistent; it now remembers the most recently used format
- Scan panel hides itself automatically during scanning (can be toggled)
- Tools panel reveals algorithm options when you click either its name or the arrow (Expand) button.
- Scan selection in the Workspace panel is now more intuitive
- Scan names in the Workspace panel now assigned on the basis of the scanner type (for Eva and Spider; can be toggled)
New hot keys added:
- F for Fit to view
- H for Home
- Ctrl+Shift+E for Export mesh
Added support for 3Dconnexion manipulators
CSV and XML export files for measurements now contain volume and square fields.
Renamed and relocated options
- "Depth of field" moved to the "Advanced" section of the Scan panel
- "Continue scanning from scans selected in workspace" renamed as "Auto-align new scans with those marked in Workspace"
- "Remesh" renamed as "Isotropic remesh"
- "Texture" panel:
- "Generate triangles map" is now called "Preview"
- "Generate texture atlas" is now called "Export"
- "Use existing UV" is now called "Export (reuse UV map)"
- "Radius" parameter removed from Fast Fusion
- Arrow (Expand) moved left in Tools panel.
- AS12 is compatible with all Artec scanners except the discontinued ones from these series.
- Drivers for Artec Eva / Spider / Space Spider in AS9, AS10, AS11 and AS12 are totally compatible.
- Artec Studio 12 is installed in a separate folder, so various software versions (AS9, 10, 11 and 12) can be kept at the same computer.
- AS9, AS10 and AS11 projects are fully compatible with AS12.
- Scanning with Real-time fusion is unavailable for AMD Radeon graphics cards running driver version 21.19.5XX (17.3.3); use version 21.19.1XX (16.10.1) instead.
- Pressing F7, F8 or F9 when scanning or during algorithm execution may cause the application to crash.
- “Add scanner type” checkbox only works for Eva and Spider scanners.
- Voxel size spinner in the Performance tab of the Settings dialog disappears; move the Data-compression level slider to reveal it.
- The application doesn’t save Texture-healing and Defeature brush sizes (3D selection) after closing their panels.
Update information and my.artec3d.com
All clients with active Artec Studio 10 and 11 subscriptions can upgrade to Artec Studio 12. Instructions are available here.
In case you experience any issues with your Artec 3D scanner or require technical assistance with your device or Artec Studio, in the first instance please contact your local Artec dealer/distributor directly. You can also contact the Artec Support Team by clicking on "Submit a request" button on the bottom right part of the screen or by emailing email@example.com