Starting from December 2016 the owners of Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13’’ & 16’’ can receive a free one-year license of Artec Studio Ultimate. This article will guide you through the process of obtaining this license and further installation of Artec Studio.
Wacom hardware requirements
"Artec Studio for Wacom" is a special edition of Artec Studio Ultimate. Free license is provided only to Wacom tablets that meet the following requirements:
- Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13'' or 16''
- Model: DTH-W1320H or DTH-W1620H
- 512 Gb SSD
- Built-in Intel RealSense 3D camera
The sequence is important, so if any of the components listed below are missing at your Wacom, do not proceed to "Artec Studio license" section, until you finish with installation of necessary Wacom components.
- Open Wacom Desktop Center and make sure that your Wacom is listed there (i.e. you should see device serial number and model). If "Devices" list is empty, install Wacom drivers either via Support --> Drivers or using this link.
- Open Wacom Desktop Center -> Updates. Make sure that you do not have pending updates. If any of such updates are available - install all of them.
- Reboot your Wacom tablet to apply the changes.
Obtaining Artec Studio license and software installation
- Navigate to Wacom Marketplace.
- Login with your ID and password and download Artec Studio installer file (alternatively, you can use this direct link).
- Now launch this exe-file and proceed though Artec Studio installation.
- System will show the login screen of Artec license server:
- Now either create a new account or sign in with your existing Google+, Facebook, Twitter account.
- IMPORTANT: if you have already logged into your account, then remove your login data using this instruction and then login again.
- Artec software will detect the model of your Wacom tablet and automatically add Artec Studio license to your user account, if it suits Wacom hardware requirements.
- Now activate and run Artec Studio Ultimate.
Q: I have two Wacom MobileStudio Pro, will I get two licenses of Artec Studio?
A: You will receive a license of Artec Studio per every Wacom tablet you have. Just make sure that they suit Wacom hardware requirements and then follow steps above to install and activate Artec Studio on all of your Wacom tablets.
More information is available in the corresponding articles:
- Video tutorial "Introduction to 3D scanning with Artec Studio Ultimate and Wacom Mobile Studio Pro": link
- Post-processing at Wacom Mobile Studio Pro: link to article
- Optional configuration of Wacom pen & keystrokes: link to article
- Adjusting Windows performance and tested USB connectors: link
We are here to help! If you have any questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact our team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on "Ask Support" button on the upper part of the screen. We will always be happy to assist you and will get back to you as soon as we can.